The college has a fine library stocked with almost 30,000 books and a reading room.
The library remains open from morning 7:30am to 9:00pm. The student's text book section of the library lends text books to students on a longer-term basis than other books.
There has been a steady increase in the number of students visiting the College Library. To motivate the users of Library, ‘Best User Award’ is given every year.
To provide a student centred learning environment that facilitates collection of information and to cater the needs of users and maintain collections in support of the academic pursuits of the college.
To facilitate access to right information at the right time in the right manner by the developments of technology as to produce the great citizens to this great nation in general and to our college in specific.
There has been a steady increase in the number of students visiting the College Library. To motivate the users of Library Library Best User Award is given every year to a student from each stream.
The Library Advisory Committee:
- Prof. N. S. Satish Principal - Chairman
- Sri. Yoganand S. V. - Convener
- Dhareppa Konnur - Member
- Rajath B S - Member
- Lakshmi – Member
This committee is to advise on the Books purchase for Library and other guidelines of the Library.
Highlights of the College Library
- Collaborative academic programs and services involving the library enhance students' learning.
- Free internet facility with 35 systems.
- Well maintained and Easily accessible copies of previous years question papers
- SC/ST Book Bank maintained separately.
- Subscription to N-LIST software facility to provide e-journals and e-books.
- Library working hours from 2.30 pm to 9.00pm, beyond the regular class hours to enable students to make maximum use of the library.
Library Rules and Regulations
- Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library
- Silence to be maintained
- No discussion permitted inside the library
- Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resources
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library
- Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library
- Using Mobile phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Enter student name and sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises
- Career or Employment Information
- Internet Facilities to different user groups
- Displaying newspaper clippings on the notice board periodically.
- Epic corner
- Inclusion of sufficient information about the library in the college prospectus.
- Particular collections on Ambedkar, Gandhian and Vivekananda studies.
- Maintaining current affairs awareness journals
- Curriculum facility
- Reference facility
- Facilitates Open access system for easy accessibility.
Admission to Library
Students are allowed to library only on production of their authorized / valid Identity Cards
E - Sources
List of E-resources or e-books
- Cambridge Core (224 tiles with 10 yrs.back files)
- Oxford University Press (206 titles and 10 years back files access)
- Economic and Political Weekly (1 title and access form 1966)
- Indian Journals (250+ titles and access from 2007)
- JSTOR(2500+ titles) EBSCOHOST(H W Wilson and Net Library)(2800+and 936 titles )
- Ebrary EBook (134000+ titles) and MyiLibrary-McGraw Hill-eBooks (1124 titles)
- Cambridge Books Online (1800 titles)
- Oxford Scholarship-eBooks (1400+ titles)
- Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (ISID)
- Hindustan Books Agency -eBooks (65 titles)
- Institute of South East Asian Studies(ISEAS) Books (382+ titles)
- Sage Knowledge eBooks (1000 titles)
- World eBooks Library (33 lakhs titles)
- South Asia Archive
Links to Open Access Sources
- Open access journals
- Open access projects
- Open access week
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Access to knowledge movement
- Open data
- Directory of Open Access Repositories
- Directory of Open Access Books
- RePEc (Research Paper in Economics)
- OAPEN Library
- Bnet: online magazine dedicated to issues of business management
- Public Library of Science
- Intec Open Access Publisher
- Indian Academy of Science
- Google Scholar
- Microsoft Academic Search
- Open Access journal Search Engine
Links to General Knowledge and Current Awareness